Abstracting and Indexing Services
Aside from Google Scholar and Érudit, Refuge is indexed by six major aggregators: EBSCO, Elsevier, Gale, OCLC, ProQuest and Clarivate (source: Ulrich's Periodicals Directory). It is currently abstracted & indexed in the following individual databases:
- EBSCO: Academic Search (Alumni edition, Complete, Elite, Premier), Current Abstracts, MainFile, Political Science Complete, Public Affairs Index, TOC Premier (Table of Contents);
- Gale: Advanced Placement Psychology Collection, Book Review Index Plus, Academic OneFile/OneFile Select, General OneFile, CPI.Q (Canadian Periodical Index), Criminal Justice, Psychology, InfoTrac Custom, In Context: Canada;
- OCLC: Sociological Abstracts;
- ProQuest: International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS), PAIS Index, ProQuest Central, SciTech Premium Collection, Social Services Abstracts, Sociological Abstracts, Worldwide Political Science Abstracts;
- Elsevier: GEOBASE and Scopus;
- Emerging Sources Citation Index and Web of Science (both Clarivate).
Refuge was approved for listing in the Directory for Open Access Journals (DOAJ) and added to Scholars Portal at the end of 2019. It can also be found in Eureka (Cision) and the Index to Canadian Legal Literature (ILCC, accessible via WestLaw). Finally, we just signed an agreement with HeinOnline in June and with JSTOR in September 2021.
If you are interested in open access publishing, you may wish to review our listing in Sherpa Romero.
As an interdisciplinary, open access Canadian social science journal, we are very cognizant of the limitations of the various bibliometrics employed to track and measure scholarly output and impact. It is well known that Web of Science and Scopus, for instance, do not cover scholarly outputs in the form of monographs very well (where many Refuge authors regularly publish their research), were initially built for scholars in the sciences and many only cover limited time periods.